Anyway, weeks ago I got invited to another Schu Weekend Workshop. The second leg was about "How To Be A Fashion Blogger" with Shai Lagarde and Seph Cham (of Love Chic) as the guest speakers. It was fun, intimate and interactive! I enjoyed this workshop a lot! :) I'm sure you're excited to learn more about blogging, so without further ado, here are some of the tips given by Seph & Shai!
What does it take to be a blogger?
♦ Love for fashion
♦ Blog URL
Pick a blog name that...
* You can relate to
* You can be defined by and associated with
* Has good recall and is branding-friendly
* Easy to remember and type
♦ Basic HTML/CSS knowledge
(for your Blog Layout)
Pick a color scheme
- Easy on the eyes
- Readable fonts
- Clean and organized
Pick a theme
- Ready-made vs. Custom theme
- Learn basic CSS/HTML
- Take advantage of widgets
♦ Decent writing and photography skills
♦ Knowledge of what looks good on you
♦ Imagination, creativity, resourcefulness
♦ Discipline and commitment
♦ Branding skills - marketing yourself
♦ A genuinely nice attitude
Boo! :( My camera wasn't cooperating with me during their talk so here's my only decent photo of Seph & Shai. They look sooo good together, right? *kilig*
* There are millions of fashion bloggers out there. What can you offer readers that nobody else can?
* Magazines, TV shows, celebrities, other bloggers all offer style insights. What insights can they gain from your blog?
* How to have stand-out style but at the same time, still be on trend?
♦ MARKETING YOUR BLOG
- Focus on quality and originality above all
- Content is king - be consistent, write well, tell stories through your photos
- Attend fashion events
- Mingle and interact with other bloggers, attend talks, bazaars, etc.
- Read local magazines and blogs
♦ Be nice to everyone.
♦ Post consistently (and with good quality).
♦ Think before you type/click. Less talk, less mistake.
♦ Keep updated with the freshest trends (through research).
Seph & Shai are really successful, no wonder with that! Aside from their great fashion sense, I love them because they're so kind and down-to-earth!
With Shai. She was sick that day but still so pretty! *_*
With Seph this time! I feel so small beside you!! Hahaha! Kabab soon okay!!! :p
Taken from Rovie's Instagram. Love you, mommy dear!
Hope I was able to take you to the workshop through those tips and photos! :) Thank you so much to Ms. Giacca and the ShopManila, Inc. team for having us again! xx